Sunday, September 27, 2009

I worked on doodling some FMQ designs that I saw on Leah Day's blog. I really need to practice to get my lines smoother and less tense. Otherwise I've been doing the Sept Fabshophop and finding some really cool shops. Looking at fabrics and patterns always gives me new ideas of projects to do. I saw a cute log cabin quilt on the cover of F&P's Easy quilts that I want to make.

We went to The Forks of the Wabash Pioneer Festival in Huntington, IN, today. I saw a cute knapsack made of rabbit fur, hand sewn of course, that I would like to help my son make for a school project. I would really like to find him a piece of garment leather to make a bag with. I'm going to check out the web and see what I find. I need a gloving needle to sew the pelt by hand, whatever that is. My favorite part of the fest is usually the spinning and weaving demos. I watched a woman hand shear a 250 lb. sheep--quite impressive the way she handled him. I wish I had time to do half the projects I like. Oh, yeah, and twice the money I need to do them, too! Might as well wish big as long as I'm wishin'.

This entry is boring. Some days are just like that. I want to try the Whoopie Pie recipe I saw on another blog tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment