Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Followup

I was reading one of the older posts about the pioneer festival and the pouch or bag I was going to make with my son. I followed the advice of the woman we bought the rabbit pelt from. I used a gloving needle, which is this wicked sharp triangular needle that just cuts right through the leather. I used an old rotary cutting blade to cut the piece to the right size because using scissors messes up the fur. That was her advice also. Her third suggestion was to use dental floss instead of the synthetic sinew that you can buy. It all worked like a dream. I found some leather pieces in the craft section at JoAnn's that we worked into the design. I also had some Indian trade beads that I got at a powwow last year. The project was lots of fun for me and Adam really had a neat little bag to show his class. I'll post a pic when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment