Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm Ready!

I am so excited. I have been able to (finally) get my big toe into the FMQ pool and it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. I finished my sampler, so I can go on and make it into the backpack as I planned. Then I took the panel I had originally planned to use in a backpack and quilted it up, just letting my imagination lead me where it would. Just like that. Two little projects about 16X26 with actual quilting done by ME.

I know I have a lot to learn and I want to try some new ideas and products, but Rome wasn't built in a day. So, I'm finishing up a WIP just so I can try to quilt it. And I have 3 more waiting to be finished. I want to be like crazymomquilts and have all these cool quilts flowing out of my hands. I can see it and it's finally within my grasp.

Of course, this is all pretty boring chatter without pics. That's my next goal. First I have to get the camera charged up and get my DH to help me get the pics loaded right....

But I am JUICED now. Tomorrow I put on the borders and Thursday I'll go to the library and pin baste it. They have such nice big spaces to lay everything out. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment